Saturday, October 14, 2017

Gender

What makes someone who they are? What makes someone male or female? These days we are always tip-toeing around this subject because we don't want to offend anyone. It's also a hard question to ask because our culture and media has made it confusing and the line seems so blurred. There are many different settings in which we have gained an opinion or where we have learned certain things. For an example we learn things from our family setting, school, government, religion, and media. Sometimes the things we learn from these categories agree with one another or they can disagree. This is how topics like gender can get confusing and blurry. This is why when researchers are doing studies they look at small children who haven't really been exposed to the culture. They did find that females are more expressive, passive, and social. Little girls will more likely be involved in cooperative play and little boys will be involved in competitive play. So the research is there that boys and girls are different. We aren't the same and that's okay. Our bodies were built differently with different biological make up. Some people try to fight that, but you can not change your genes. What is so wrong with being a woman or being a man? We should embrace the things that make us different and build on that, instead of trying to be better than the other gender. So why is gender important in a family setting? It is important to have a father and a mother. A male and female. When a father and a mother work together to raise a family it give their children the possibility to grow up in a normal environment. Yes I understand that certain circumstances happen and life gets in the way and that can't always be the case, but if possible a man and a woman is the best case scenario. Men and women help balance each other out. There are qualities that men have that I don't and that is perfectly fine and vise versa. People don't realize that when we use these qualities together we can be as one and equal.
As we are on the subject of gender, it also brings me to the subject of same sex attraction. I will start by saying that first off I do not agree nor support same sex attraction. With that being said I respect that people have their own agency to live their lives how they please and I will treat people with the same respect regardless. This subject has always been another sticky subject that no one wants to discuss. There are many reasons as to believe why someone would have a same sex attraction. There are the normal reasons I hear such as I was born this way. Now I don't quite understand how people are feeling because I myself have never had those feelings, but I know that the culture also has an effect on how people turn out. The way they are raised might also affect that. We talked about various reasons why a person might have a same sex attraction. I know that I can't be the one to judge a person and I'm grateful that I don't have to be the one judging them. Everyone goes through their own struggles and deal with matters differently. That last thing I just want to say is that no matter what everyone was made perfectly. As male or female. There were no mistakes and no mistakes in the reasoning why families are made the way they are. Until next week everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment